I'm a: Programmer/Developer
looking for a: Business Developer
to be my: Co-Founder
John Zhu is interested in these industriesB2B Services Big Data eCommerce
This project is about using data - lots of data - and online marketplace to give small businesses their most relevant sales leads.
I am courteously inviting ambitious talents who had experiences in:
1. Business development and marketing professionals
2. software developers/technologist, for a hands-on CTO role.
3. I also work with college interns who are looking for exciting business & technological challenges.
Please note that I am not offering a job to anyone. I am sincerely seeking a partner with whom we can bring this project to a new height.
------------ The problem we are solving ---------
THE PROBLEM WE ARE TRYING TO SOLVE is how can small businesses get the most cost-effective prospect lists (lists of potential customers) to grow their businesses?
Why is this a problem?
1. Studies after studies have shown that small business owners (85-95% of them) are complaining ineffectiveness and inaccuracies of their lists.
2. Tell small business owners that you can sell them good prospect lists, and see how many would be indifferent to your (invalidated) offer!
---------- If you are interested, please continue, Thank You ------------
After working for the biggest names in corporate America for 18 years, I started Liquibil.com to develop internet-based applications to help small businesses grow by utilizing data:
* public data from governments,
* commercial (private but for sale) data from businesses like D&B, LinkedIn, etc; and
* proprietary (private but not for sale) data such as records in their Quickbooks.
The idea behind the effort is to aggregate public & commercial data, and mesh them with proprietary data, in order to generate insights specific to individual (small) businesses.
After a few rounds of pivot, the current focus is on a platform which
1. Provides data accesses and necessary tooling for users (business consultants, marketeers, market insiders) to create (small) business data solutions, such as lead-lists for certain offers, or a particular ways of marketing certain services
2. Facilitates marketing and sales of these business solutions to small business owners -- think of it as an eBay-like marketplace for small business (data) solutions based on public, commercial and private data..
The current status:
* We have collected a vast amount of public data -- real-estate, census, business listing
* We have manually build sample solutions, and sold to local businesses -- we have (partially) validated that customers will use and pay for what we are building
* We have accumulated reusable software assets from previous efforts -- user management, transaction management, access to Quickbook accounting data, etc
Visit us at http://liquibil.com, and drop me a line to connect.
|B2B Services||:||18 Years|
|Big Data||:||7 Years|
Founded 1 startup
Areas of expertiseProgrammer/Developer Product Manager
Looking expertiseBusiness Developer Marketer
of 20 hours per week
Indiana University 1992
Graduate School in the Computer Science field
John Zhu's Predisposed Strengths
- Being creative and designing breakthrough product
- Having a virtually limitless R&D pipeline
- A desire to change the world
John Zhu's Built-in weaknesses
- Business strategy and problem solving
- Engaging in conflict, firing employees, savvy negotiating
Startup Weekend Madison, NJ On the weekend of March 15-17 FDU-Madison will host a Startup Weekend where anyone is welcome to pitch their startup idea and receive feedback from their peers. Teams organically form around the top ideas and then it’s a 54 hour frenzy of business model creation, coding, designing, and market validation. The weekend culminates with presentations to local entrepreneurial leaders/investors with another opportunity for critical feedback. Whether entrepreneurs found companies, find a co-founder, meet someone new, or learn a skill far outside their usual 9-to-5, everyone is guaranteed to leave the event better prepared to navigate the chaotic world of startups. See everyone who belong to this community
CoFoundersLab Matchup - New York City Local in-person Meetups - aimed at bringing together entrepreneurs seeking co-founders, advisers, and interns to launch a startup. Improve your chances of finding a co-founder by attending one of these energizing events. See everyone who belong to this community
Are you sure to remove this profile from your Results page?
By clicking 'Yes' this profile will be excluded from the results pages when you search/filter candidates.Don't show this message again